I got something a little different today. Cinnamon at Eat Pray Tri nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I like talking about myself, so here we go
Here are the rules:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in the post
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and tell the bloggers you’ve nominated
Here are my 11 facts:
1. Skittles are my favorite candy, and I eat them by color in reverse order of my favorites. Which means I eat all the greens first, then yellow, orange, red, and purple. Purple is the best!
2. When I work from home, I can’t work at a desk. In college, law school, and now for work, I always sit on the couch or on my bed to work. For some reason, I can’t focus at a desk outside of my actual office.
3. Breakfast is my favorite meal, I love it all! Pancakes, waffles, omelets. All of it!
4. My favorite non-fancy meal is a pulled pork sandwich and sweet potatoes fries.
5. My favorite fancy meal is scallops. I order scallops everywhere I go. ”This is Top Chef, not Top Scallops.” <– anyone?
6. My first two celebrity crushes that I remember (from wayyy back in the day) were Ricky Luna from the Mickey Mouse Club and Thomas Ian Nicholas from Rookie of the Year. Also Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez. Obv.
7. I try to order a new-to-me beer every time I am a bar or restaurant. But my trusty fallback is good ol Blue Moon.
8. I’m not overly girly, but I’m obsessed with nail polish. I love getting manicures and almost always have my nails painted.
9. I used to struggle to run even a mile in high school. Then I started running 5 miles in college. And then I ran a half marathon. Boom.
10. I rarely back down from a dare, especially ridiculous ones. Example: my mom once made a tray of jello and my sister dared me to eat the whole thing in one sitting. I totally did it.
11. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Celica. And it was awesome! It had headlights that flipped up — so great!
And here are my answers to her questions:
If you could visit any country, where would you go? Greece or Japan, those are my top two.
Do you like to plan things or be spontaneous? Both, depends on what it is. I like some plans, but it’s pretty easy for me to go with the flow.
What is your favorite joke? What kind of pants to Mario and Luigi wear? [say this part fast] Denim Denim Denim. Super cheesy and the best!
How do you like your steak cooked? Medium, unless I know the place has a tendency to overcook, and in that case, medium rare. I like some pink.
Favorite number and why? 9, and I’m not sure why. It was my volleyball number in high school, but I’m just a fan in general.
What is one website you go to everyday? My blog And I feed the animals at theanimalrescuesite.com everyday.
How do you feel about public speaking? Pretty good about it. I’m a lawyer, so I have to be on my toes with the speaking.
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? I used to want to do both so bad, but now that I’m almost 27 and have a life I love, I’m fine keeping my feet on the ground I do love heights though, so that would be a problem.
What did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor. Didn’t realize I would be terrible at math and science!
What accomplishment are you most proud of? Umm, running the half marathon, I guess? I didn’t know if I could do it, but I did!
What is your favorite movie/book? Favorite movie: Remember the Titans. Favorite book: The Junction Boys
I’m gonna cheat a little bit now and stray from the rules. I’m not gonna nominate just 11 people because I think everyone should have the opportunity to post about themselves if they want If you want to do a post and want me to pose 11 questions for you, I totally can, I already have some in mind! Enjoy!!